We visited Boston College and Boston University. I liked BU better because the feel of it was much more inviting to me for some reason. I think I would prefer an urban school because it seems like you would never run out of things to do. Although I am not positive about that. Size-wise, I do not think I would mind a big school at all, I might even prefer it. Although I have not really seen any small schools so it is hard for me to compare. The tours did excite me quite a bit for college, although it was also a bit overwhelming. Being plopped down right in the middle of those schools made it seem very confusing because there are so many options and things going on all at once, so it was a bit dizzying but over all a good experience.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Final Post
I really enjoyed the Boston trip and I think it was a great success. I had many favorite parts, from the social scene with my friends to visiting historic sights. One of my favorite places we went was definitely Concord. When I arrived there I could not stop looking around and taking in the sights. It looked just as I would imagine it looked during the Battle of Concord. I could picture the fight perfectly. On top of that it was such beautiful nature all around us, trees, fields, etc. Although it was different than California. Another one of my favorite parts was the Salem graveyard and memorial. It was so old fashion looking and most of the tombstones were hundreds of years old. I love looking at antiques like that and thinking about how long that object has been around. The graveyard was a bit creepy and looked like something right out of a movie, it was really interesting. The memorial was also a highlight for me because I was very intrigued by it somehow. The fact that they made a plaque for every dead "witch" was almost frightening because it reminded me how real the witch trials are. We've just heard about them or read about them, but seeing this right in front of me was pretty shocking. I also really enjoyed learning about Fenway Park because I do like baseball and I never knew any of the facts that I learned about that stadium. Truthfully I do not know what I would change about the trip, everything seemed pretty well done to me. Actually, I would have liked to sleep in a bit longer than we did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment